Baby Needs More Mozart
Hear Now The Magic! Mozart — flute, piano, clarinet, and strings
Mozart, master of reflection, architect of joy.
Who Better to touch, within us all, the child we once were
And the Child we might be, even now.
Listen Well: you may hear them singing together. — John Stone, M.D. (Cardiologist and Poet)
Baby Needs MORE Mozart is a sequel to the popular Baby Needs Mozart. We have designed this program with gradations in pacing, so that Baby Needs MORE Mozart can provide a gentle musical bridge between play time and quiet time. Beginning with a playful tune from The Magic Flute, the music settles into a moderate pace, gradually relaxing into the calm of Mozart’s great Adagios — a series of masterpieces considered to be some of the loveliest music his genius ever produced.
- “I am the jolly bird-catcher” (Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja) from The Magic Flute [2:06] ~ Jean Pierre Rampal, Claudi Arimany, flutes
- Piano Sonata in C, K. 545, Andante [4:38] ~ Carol Rosenberger, piano
- “The man who feels true love” (“Bei Männern, welche Liebe fühlen”) from The Magic Flute [3:19] ~ Eugenia Zukerman, flute • Allan Vogel, oboe • Dennis Helmrich, piano
- Divertimento No. 1, K. 136, Andante [6:22] ~ Constantine Orbelian, conductor • Moscow Chamber Orchestra
- String Quartet No. 23, K. 590, Andante [8:49] ~ Shanghai String Quartet
- Piano Concerto No. 27 in B-Flat, K. 595, Adagio [7:46] ~ Carol Rosenberger, piano • Constantine Orbelian, conductor • Moscow Chamber Orchestra
- Piano Sonata in F, K. 332, Adagio [5:50] ~ Carol Rosenberger, piano
- Clarinet Concerto in A, K. 622, Adagio [7:56] ~ David Shifrin, clarinet • Gerard Schwarz, conductor • New York Chamber Symphony
- Piano Concerto No. 21 in C, K. 467, Andante [7:20] ~ Carol Rosenberger, piano • Constantine Orbelian, conductor • Moscow Chamber Orchestra
- Divertimento No. 3, K. 138, Andante [6:10] ~ Constantine Orbelian, conductor • Moscow Chamber Orchestra