Robert Noehren playing the Rieger organ of the Pacific Union College Church, Angwin, California
Trax: His (Robert Noehren’s) talent and skill with – and knowledge of – the instrument are clearly evident in this recording.
Allan Kozinn, Classical Pulse!: His (Robert Noehren’s) playing is vibrant but not splashy, and in some of the more introverted works, he creates a suitable dark, rich sound, suffused with intensity.
HPR: It would be difficult to imagine a cleaner sound than is displayed by this superbly recorded CD.
1. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, S.565 (9:28)
2. Erbarm dich mein, Herre Gott, S.721 (5:14)
3. Christ lag in Todesbanden, S.625 (2:38)
4. Chorale-Partita, O gott, du frommer Gott, S.767 (17:34)
5. Trio Sonata No. 5 in C Major, S.529 (16:53)
6. Prelude and Fugue in G Major, S.541 (8:31)
7. Fantasie and Fugue in C Minor, S.537 (9:19)