Allegro io son
Bel Canto Arias
Tenor Lawrence Brownlee – overwhelmingly regarded as the world’s leading bel canto tenor – follows up his previous Grammy-nominated release on Delos (Virtuoso Rossini Arias) with this stirring and eagerly awaited new collection of opera arias by Gaetano Donizetti and Vincenzo Bellini.
Brownlee performs a rich and exciting mix of both tried and true favorites as well as less-often heard pieces. Familiar favorites are from Donizetti’s Don Pasquale, La fille du régiment and L’elisir d’amore – as well as Bellini’s I Puritani. Lesser-known works featured are Donizetti’s Rita, La Favorite, and Dom Sébastien.
As with his previous Grammy-nominated Rossini release, Brownlee’s fabulous collaborators are Constantine Orbelian and Lithuania’s Kaunas City Symphony Orchestra – with added support this time from the exceptional Kaunas State Choir. The result is a paragon of astounding virtuosity and deep interpretive feeling that is bound to attract worldwide attention and critical acclaim.
- Rita – “Allegro io son” (4:03)
- La Favorite – “Ange si pur” (5:00)
- Don Pasquale – “Com’ è gentil” (4:05)
- Don Pasquale – “Cercherò lontana terra” (9:42)
- Dom Sébastien – “Seul sur la terre” (5:09)
- I Puritani – “A te, o cara” (6:56)
- I Puritani – “Son salvo” (8:16)
- L’elisir d’amore – “Quanto è bella” (2:46)
- L’elisir d’amore – “Una furtiva lagrima” (4:59)
- La fille du régiment– “Pour me rapprocher de Marie” (4:05)
- La fille du régiment – “Ah! Mes amis quel jour de fête” (7:11)
Kaunas State Choir Soloists
Viktorija Miskunaite, Liudas Mikalauskas, Andrius Apsega